Wednesday, December 20, 2006

25th day of december is my birth day


25th December is my birth day


today,
25th December

i was born
on this day
i have
lots of work today

some one had
taken my picture

paled face,
weary eyes filled with tears

today morning
a poster was glued
on the wall of my shanty

"stop child labour"

here i am ,
brand ambassador
to save
the precious life of my
tiny sisters and brothers

some one has
sold me!
some one has
sold my picture!

i am still here
cleaning the dishes

i know
it is a worthy job
every time
i am cleaning the dishes
i am cleaning the heart of you ,

men and women
its my prayer to you all
don't allow
stain and dirt
in your heart
because i am tired
lots of dishes are here.........

25th December
is my birth day
monks and nuns
please remember me
while having
cakes and wines
i am here
washing your dishes
and cleaning your heart

i am tired
lots of
tainted hearts are here................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Krishna, I have gone thru your Srishtis. Good work ! Especially the Dec 25 My birth day is good. I understood ,you have been a student activist in the past. Let the thoughts not be within ourselves, instead make it as society-oriented.